The Achievement Program is a health and wellbeing framework that helps to create healthier environments in Victorian early childhood services for their children, staff and families. It is centred around six key health areas, which include:
• Healthy Eating and Oral Health
• Physical Activity and Movement
• Mental Health and Wellbeing
• Sun Protection
• Safe Environments
• Tobacco, Alcohol and Other Drugs.
Who is eligible to participate in the Achievement Program?
All kindergartens, long day care and family day care providers in Victoria are eligible to participate. The program is free.
What are the benefits of participating in the Achievement Program?
• Alignment to key policies and guidelines including the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework, the National Quality Standard and Quality Improvement Plans.
• Access to an online portal containing resources, tools and information to work through our program health areas.
• Help to establish healthy foundations at an early age to improve overall health and wellbeing.
• On-the-group support from a health promotion professional.
• Acknowledgement of the service in the local media.
• Victorian Government recognition as a Healthy Early Childhood Service.
To learn more about the Achievement Program click here or contact us.